1. Check your homes heating system (change filters regularly.
2. Paint, caulk & seal exterior wood.
3. Seal your masonry & hard surfaces
4. Check your drainage
5. Clean your gutters
6. Make sure your chimney is cleaned properly
7. Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors (change batteries regularly)
8. Drain outdoor faucets
9. Make sure trees are healthy and any dead branches get trimmed.
10. Make sure your attic is properly sealed
11. Cover your outdoor furniture
1. Test your battery (battery power drops when the temperature drops)
2. Make sure your cooling system is working properly
3. Make sure your tires have more than 2/32 inch thread
4. Check your tire pressure
5. Make sure your wiper blades are working properly
6. Add wiper fluid that is adequate for -30 degree weather
7. Keep your gas tank atleast half full to avoid your gas lines freezing
1. Non- perishable food items such as granola bars.
2. Water. Keep in containers that will not freeze and break. (replace every 6 months)
3. A warm blanket
4. A extra set of clothing, gloves and socks.
5. First aid kid
6. A ice scrapper or small snow shovel
7. A Flashlight and a spare set of batteries
8. A roadmap
9. A list of emergency phone numbers
10. Hazard reflectors
We have officially purchased the Dorsey Kirk Insurance Agency. We look forward to serving the Oblong community with the same quality they've come to expect from Mr. Kirk!